Emergency Numbers and Who to Call
Fire – 990
Police – 999
Ambulance – 811
Cruiser Emergency Options –
Call for Help on Ch 68and/or CH 16 (Activate DSC Emergency Call) – Your neighbor may be the quickest help, ask if someone has a phone if you don’t. Call your Marina– During office hours the office can call for help, after hours security may monitor the radio, but likely will not be able to provide much assistance. TTSA– CH 68 - (868) 634-4519 Powerboats– CH 72 - (868) 634-4303 Peak’s- CH 69 - (868) 634-4420 Crews Inn– CH 77 - (868) 607-4000 Coral Cove– CH 68 - (868) 634-2040 Anchorage or Mooring– Contact the nearest Marina. Call Jesse James- (868) 683-5202 Private Carand/or Fellow Cruisers Private Ambulance– See below. Boat– West Shore Medical Center has water access. The dock will only allow Shallow Draft (fast dingy or bring boat, anchor out, dingy in). Contact Hospital before attempting to have staff waiting on dock.
Medical Emergency –
Basic Priorities –
- Restore Breathing. Time is important since the victim suffers severe brain damage after five minutes of not breathing
- Get the victim out of further danger
- Stop serious bleeding
- In cases of medical emergency, you can reach the national ambulance service by dialing 811 toll-free from any telephone in Trinidad and Tobago. This free ambulance service would transport you to the nearest public health facility.
Private Ambulance –
- SCI EMS Ambulance Limited, 5 Western Main Rd, Phone: (868) 694-2404 | 335-4856
- Eric Williams Medical Complex | Mt. Hope | 662-2249/662-1014
- Medical Air Services Association | Ariapita Avenue, Woodbrook | 628-8108 / 622-4616
- West Shore Medical Western Main Road, Cocorite 622-9878 / 622-9670 - private
- St. Clair Medical Centre Elizabeth Street, St. Clair 628-1451 / 628-8615 - private
- POS General Hospital – Accident & Emergency Port of Spain 623-2951/2/ 623-2954/6 623-5261/2/ 623-7181 /623-2327 – public
- Community Hospital of Seventh-day Adventists - 1 (868) 622-1191, 622-3302, 628-8330
- Pharmacy at Crews Inn (Blue Building). Phone 868-747-6200. Will Deliver and can offer medical advice.
My Doctor is:
Police & Coast Guard
Police – 999
- Local Police Station – Carenage (868) 627-3123
- Chaguaramas Development Authority – (868) 225-4232
- Coast Guard – Ch 16 (Repeat “Coast Guard Control” Twice), Phone (868) 634-1476 | (TTCG) 800-4987
- North Post Radio – 637-9023 | -4476
- YSATT – 634-4938
Fire – 990
- Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM) - (868) 640-1285 / 8905 / 8653 / 6493
- Poison Information Center (poison animals) - The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine , Trinidad, Tel: (868) 662-2002 | Fax: (868) 663-9684
- Poison Information – Call Hospital or your Doctor
- Oil Spill – Environmental management Authority – (868) 628-8042 or Hotline: 680-9588 also notify - Office of Disaster Preparedness and Management (ODPM) - hotline is 640-1285
- Storm/Hurricane - http://www.metoffice.gov.tt/ or https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/marine/
- Earthquake/Tidal Wave/Flooding – https://metoffice.gov.tt/watches_warnings or https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/
- Boat Sinking – Contact: Fellow Cruisers, TT Coast Guard, Commercial Ships, Marinas
- Electrical Emergency, Downed power Line – Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission - 800 TTEC (8832) or 800 BULB (2852)
- Gas Leak – National Gas Company - 800-4GAS (4427) or 636-4604
- Leave the area
- Head Upwind
- No flames.
- Drowning –
- Get Help – if alone – Do not delay helping the person.
- Move the Person. Take the person out of the water.
- Check for Breathing. Place your ear next to the person's mouth and nose. ...
- If the Person is Not Breathing, Check Pulse. ...
- If there is No Pulse, Start CPR. ...